If you follow me on Instagram you’ll know that I hinted at a secret web series I was filming out in LA a few weeks ago and I can finally share that I’ve teamed up with Pier 1 Imports for a series of videos showing you four ways to transform your backyard for the summer season! I’m excited to reveal the first video which is all about creating a festive, Americana-themed outdoor living room perfect for a patriotic BBQ celebration. Click the video below for my top tips on outdoor decorating and entertaining plus see how I transformed a blank canvas patio into the ultimate backyard lounge. I also included links below for the key items in the video so you can create this look in your own yard!
1. Plan your seating layout to encourage conversation. Keeping all of the furniture low helps create a more intimate vibe.
2. Incorporate the same layers you would in an indoor living room to bring personality to your outdoor space. Think rugs, pillows and cushions but in durable outdoor fabrics that are UV resistant and can hold their own in the elements.
3. Bring in ambient Lighting. A fire pit, combined with string lights and lanterns will add a warm, ambient glow and create a cozy vibe as your party transitions from day to night.
4. Mix and match different prints and patterns to create create visual interest.
5. Don’t forget those perfect tabletop accents and serving pieces to coordinate with your outdoor decor!
1. Echo Beach Sofa 2. Americana Welcome Sign 3. Cobalt Jute Trim Pillow and Red Stripe Jute Trim Pillow 4. Mason Jar Drink Dispenser 5. White Lantern String Lights 6. Patriotic Wood Curl Arrangement 7. Echo Beach Ottoman 8. Star Bowls Set 9. Monaco Tray 10. Echo Beach Swivel Chair 11. Red Stripe Napkin 12. Citronella Mason Jar Candles 13. Cobalt Pitcher and Margarita Glass 14. Echo Beach Bar 15. Montauk Lantern 16. Garden Stool 17. Hammered Beverage Server 18. Floral Appliqué Pillow and American Flag Tapestry Pillow 19. Fire Pit 20. Americana Stripe Rug